Areas of GNK activity include:
- Lobbying / advocacy: identifying needs but also opportunities, particularly cross-boundary in scale, and supporting bids for external funding.
- Scoping major projects in North Kent: this is to help partnership-wide understanding of priority schemes, their outputs and delivery risks and potential issues for partnership engagement and support. We are also looking at the read-across to other priorities, in particular skills including requirements and opportunities unlocked by new investments.
- Engagement with major infrastructure investments in North Kent: these include the Lower Thames Crossing, Ebbsfleet Garden City, Abbey Wood to Ebbsfleet (through the C2E Partnership), strategic and major highways improvements, and speculative proposals such as London Resort.
- Engagement with Homes England and the Thames Estuary Growth Board on their joint Economic, Housing and Infrastructure Study (due for publication later in 2023).
- Digital infrastructure – Mobile / 5G, 1Gb Broadband/Fibre. Looking at ways to help secure investment and tackling digital exclusion.